Association for Union Democracy

Union Reporting Requirements

Title II of the LMRDA. Unions must file with the US Department of Labor copies of their constitutions and bylaws, and financial reports, called “LM-2,” “LM-3” or “LM-4” forms (depending on the case). These documents are available to the public. The LM forms give you information about officers’ salaries and expenses, union loans, expenditures and investments. With a federal judge’s permission members can enforce their rights to examine books and records needed to verify the LM report. Copies of the documents filed with the Department of Labor are public information and may be obtained from the local Department of Labor office or ordered online from the DOL website.

Enforcement If your union has not filed the required forms, contact the Department of Labor. They can file suit to force the union to provide the information.

Popular Categories

Find curated and hard to find texts, AUD t-shirts, stickers and more.

Choose whatever subscription fits your needs, receive our publications and other benefits.

Connect with like minded reformers, stay up to date on our supporters and events.

Herman's Cure 2016